Contributed by rueda on from the I-like-your-old-stuff-better-than-your-new-stuff dept.
As there have been no reports of functional bugs since the last beta, and the primary goal of the work was achieved long ago, the (main) Undeadly server is to be upgraded. The upgrade, which is expected to involve downtime of no more than one hour, is scheduled for next .
Changes since the last public beta include:
- A sprinkling of responsive web design has been added (thanks to a kind contribution).
- Comments no longer have subjects and the comment header display is more compact.
- In comment submission, the automatic quoting of parent comment has been removed.
- Anonymous article submission and commenting has been enabled, provisionally.
Those interested in seeing this feature maintained are encouraged to:
- Refrain from abusing it.
- (Log in and) Use the "Report to Editors" command on inappropriate comments. (For old, spam-ridden articles, there's no need to report more than one comment. As old articles will be closed for comments following the upgrade, the Editors intend to delete old comment spam, eventually checking all articles.)
Bikeshedding the appearance will continue on the beta site.
Update: The upgrade has been completed. Please report problems here or by emailing the editors.
(Comments are closed)