Contributed by Peter N. M. Hansteen on from the eternal springtime for Puffy dept.
These are some highlights of the improvements in the present release:
- For new installs on nearly all architectures the default file system is now FFS2, sporting 64-bit timestamps and block counters
- There are numerous SMP improvements, including unlocking of several system calls
- Hardware support in all architectures is much improved and expanded, with a number of new drivers including the iwx(4) driver for new Intel WiFi devices as well as significant expansion of arm64 and armv7 hardware support.
- Enabled rpki-client(8), to support Origin Validation in BGP-speaking routers in the base install.
- New versions of programs and subsystems maintained as part of OpenBSD but widely reused elsewhere:
Thanks to the developers for all the good work that goes into each release! To support further work on OpenBSD, please see the donations page for ways to contribute even if you can not offer up code yourself.
(Comments are closed)