Contributed by Peter N. M. Hansteen on from the Live from Puffystock dept.
2019-04-24, Calgary, Alberta, Canada and elsewhere: With a message sent to relevant mailing lists, Theo de Raadt (
deraadt@) announced that the OpenBSD project's 46th release, OpenBSD 6.5 is now generally available from mirror sites all over the world.
Notable changes include but are not limited to:
- On amd64 and i386 platforms, the default linker has been changed to lld.
- The radeonsi Mesa driver (for hardware acceleration on Southern Islands and Sea Islands radeondrm(4) devices) has been added.
- pvclock(4), a driver for the KVM paravirtual clock, has been added.
- Support for isochronous transfers has been added to xhci(4).
- The (replacement) uaudio(4) driver now supports USB audio class v2.0.
- There have been numerous improvement in both the IEEE 802.11 wireless and generic network stacks.
- unveil(2) has been improved considerably, and pledge(2) has gained a new "video" promise.
- RETGUARD has replaced the stack-protector on amd64 and arm64 architectures.
- The new pthread rwlock implementation has improved the latency of threaded applications.
- Xorg(1), the X window server, is no longer installed setuid.
- bgpd(8) has been enhanced considerably.
- openrsync(1), rdsetroot(8), and unwind(8) have been added.
See also the Upgrade Guide.
(Comments are closed)