Contributed by tbert on from the this-time-it's-personal dept.
After a long hiatus, the latest version of OpenNTPD is available once again in a portable release.
- Support for a new build infrastructure based on the LibreSSL framework. Source code is integrated directly from the OpenBSD tree with few manual changes, easing maintenance.
- Removed support for several OSes pending test reports and updated portability code.
- Supports the Simple Network Time Protocol version 4 as described in RFC 5905
- Added route virtualization (rdomain) support.
- Added ntpctl(8), which allows for querying ntpd(8) at runtime.
- Finer-grained clock adjustment via adjfreq / ntp_adjtime where available.
- Improved latency on heavily-loaded machines.
Hopefully those who've repackaged the previous releases for their OSes will update in due course.
(Comments are closed)