Contributed by jj on from the frankensteins terminal dept.
Tmux is great, except when you have to restart the computer. You lose all the running programs, working directories, pane layouts etc. There are helpful management tools out there, but they require initial configuration and continuous updates as your workflow evolves or you start new projects.
tmux-resurrect saves all the little details from your tmux environment so it can be completely restored after a system restart (or when you feel like it).
No configuration is required, you should feel like you never quit tmux. It even (optionally) restores vim sessions!
Here's what's been taken care of:
- all sessions, windows, panes and their order
- current working directory for each pane
- exact pane layouts within windows
- active and alternative session
- active and alternative window for each session
- windows with focus
- active pane for each window
- programs running within a pane!
- restoring vim sessions (optional).
(Comments are closed)