Contributed by jj on from the a-new-hope dept.
Sebastian Reitenbach (sebastia@) updated his favorite bits:
As usual, I was working on ports. I brought a sparc, macppc, and i386 notebook with me for testing. Most of the time on the macppc and sparc was wasted compiling dependencies for the ports I wanted to test. The i386 notebook was the one to actually do some work on. One of my goals, after updating the GNUstep stuff in the tree, was to enable it on sparc. As it turned out, with the latest update of icu4c, another dependency doesn't build there anymore. I was working for some months on getting all the GNUstep librariess and applications updated, without breaking anything, and I'm happy that this is in now. After getting it in, I found the new version of Gorm, the GUI builder, to be broken. This also consumed some time to find and fix the problem. But now all of it should be in a good shape for 5.2. Other stuff I updated is geo/qlandkartegt, cad/xtrkcad, and a few others. Some more are ready for update, but still need some testing.
Wednesday before going to Sir Lancelot, we had a little geocaching tour around the city, together with edd@, stsp@ and zinke@. Geocaching explained in short: people hide a box (the cache) somewhere, and upload the coordinates to a website, with a description of the cache. Other people then go there with their GPS and try to find it, and sign the log book. It's fun to see where such journeys will take you, sometimes you end up in really interesting places.
Thanks to Robert for organizing this great event, and everyone else involved who made it happen
Giovanni Bechis (giovanni@) had a truncated hackathon:
my hackathon was very short because I had to leave on tuesday morning, so I had not finished all the things I had in mind. I worked mostly on updating some ports (mail/amavisd-new, mail/p5-Fuzzy-Ocr, net/nmap, textproc/sphinx, comms/hylafax), on fixing a bug in graphics/gimp which has been committed post-g2k12, and on helping other hackers to import some new ports (sysutils/ranger, comms/picocom). My work on base was mostly related on importing pcap-filter(3) man page; I spent some time on it because we do not support all options in our pcap grammar as upstream does, so I had to test a lot of tcpdump filter expressions to be sure we would have a man page which reflects reality.
Theo de Raadt(deraadt@) hammered stop and go into shape:
I continued my effort at replacing the framework that suspend uses inside acpi, with a long term goal of making this code machine independent. this new framework will be able to recover from errors along the suspend sequence so that we can get better error reporting and actually debug problems. As well, this framework will be neccessary to make hibernate really shine.
I have also improved the reboot and powerdown sequences and fixed a number of laptops which exhibit problems.
I also looked at a performance problem that can be experienced while dumping core files.
(Comments are closed)