Contributed by maxime on from the twitter dept.
There were 11 new ports for the week of July 20 to July 26:
Some ports had updates that users should be aware of; no port was removed.
New ports, listed in the order they were committed to the tree:
- Finding the home country of a client using only the IP address can be difficult. Looking up the domain name associated with that address can provide some help, but many IP address are not reverse mapped to any useful domain, and the most common domain (.com) offers no help when looking for country. This module comes bundled with a database of countries where various IP addresses have been assigned. Although the country of assignment will probably be the country associated with a large ISP rather than the client herself, this is probably good enough for most log analysis applications, and under test has proved to be as accurate as reverse-DNS and WHOIS lookup.
- Twitux is a free and open source GTK+ application for Twitter. You can send status, view friend status and see what they are doing, send direct messages to your Twitter friends, and get GUI notifications when a friend updates his/her status and more.
- Yokadi is a command-line oriented, SQLite powered, TODO list tool. It helps you organize all the things you have to do and you must not forget. It aims to be simple, intuitive and very efficient. In Yokadi you manage projects, which contains tasks. At the minimum, a task has a title, but it can also have a description, a due date, an urgency or keywords. Keywords can be any word that help you to find and sort your tasks.
- Xapian is an opensource search engine library. It is a highly adaptable toolkit which allows developers to easily add advanced indexing and search facilities to their own applications. It supports the Probabilistic Information Retrieval model and also supports a rich set of boolean query operators.
- Xarchiver is a lightweight desktop independent archive manager built with the GTK+2 toolkit. It supports 7-zip, arj, bzip2, gzip, rar, lha, lzma, lzop, deb, rpm, tar and zip archives if the corresponding commandline tools are available.
- The thunar-archive-plugin is a plugin for the Thunar File Manager, which adds archive operations to the file context menus. Using this plugin you will be able to extract and create archive files from within Thunar using an external archive handler. So far, xarchiver, file-roller and ark are supported.
- Exaile is a music manager and player for GTK+ written in Python. It incorporates automatic fetching of album art, handling of large libraries, lyrics fetching, artist/album information via Wikipedia, Last.fm submission support, and optional iPod support via a plugin.
- Omega is an indexing and CGI search application built on top of the Xapian search engine.
- GMime is a C/C++ library for parsing and creating messages using the Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension (MIME) as defined by several RFCs. It is a required dependency for porting pinot and also for future GNOME updates. This can be installed alongside gmime-2.2.*.
- An updated version of archivers/lzo that can be installed alongside (different API).
- git-cola is a powerful GUI for git that gives you an easy way to interact with git repositories.
- games/wormux, from wormux-0.8.3 to wormux-0.8.4.
This release fixes various bugs, updates some translations and sounds, and most of all adds a dedicated network game server. See website for hints on how to use/configure it.
- net/nepenthes got a security patch to fix a denial of service in
sch_generic_wget;the patch was taken from from upstream svn.
- www/mozilla-firefox, from mozilla-firefox-3.0.11 to mozilla-firefox-3.0.12.
- www/firefox-i18n, from firefox-i18n-3.0.11 to firefox-i18n-3.0.11.
- www/midori, from midori-0.1.7 to midori-0.1.8.
See http://foo-projects.org/pipermail/xfce/2009-July/025642.html for details.
- www/wordpress, from wordpress-2.7.1 to wordpress-2.8.2.
- www/trac, from trac-0.11.4 to trac-0.11.5.
(Comments are closed)