Contributed by jason on from the lotta-lotta-cli dept.
There were 7 new ports for the week of December 1 to December 7:
Ports are listed in the order they were committed to the tree:
- Libgnomedb gives you a set of powerful widgets to show and edit data directly in the database, you can also create new Data Sources and connect to your preconfigured database server. Libgnomedb is based in the GTK Object framework and allows you to create create new widgets that meets your needs using the flexibility of GObject.
- Winexe connects to the IPC$ share on a Windows host, copies an executable file if it's not already available, and starts it as a service to create a pipe over which programs can be run remotely. No special configuration is required on the Windows host. Providing you have credentials giving a suitable level of access to the relevant system, you can use this to provide an interactive command shell, or otherwise execute programs remotely (also suitable for script-based use).
- GooCanvas is a canvas widget for GTK+ that uses the cairo 2D library for drawing.
- Python bindings for GooCanvas.
- Parses iCalendar and vCard files into Python data structures, decoding the relevant encodings. Also serializes vobject data structures to iCalendar, vCard, or (experimentally) hCalendar unicode strings.
- pear-SOAP is a SOAP implementation for PHP/pear.
- Retawq is an interactive, multi-threaded web browser for text terminals. It is written in C, fast, small, nicely configurable, and comfortable. The low-level network communications are performed in a non-blocking way, and you can keep open as many "virtual windows" as you want and work simultaneously in two of them in a split-screen mode.
Port update notes:
Major bugfix release to gftp-2.0.19. Improvements to the networking code, fixes for several segfaults, i18n fixes, and 38 updated or new translations.
Update to 1.40. It includes a new web interface for the GTK and daemon clients. Many other enhancements and fixes as can be seen here.
SECURITY update to vinagre-0.5.2.
Update to Samba 3.0.33. A security release to address CVE-2008-4314.
Update to Postfix 2.6-20081205.
This updates nginx to the latest stable version 0.6.34 and removes a patch that has been fixed upstream.
Ports that were removed:
Remove pornview as it's an old, unmaintained port with code that's bad and doesn't play nice with gtk2. There are enough ports that do the same (but don't have the nice name)... gqview, ristretto, gthumb, gpicview, etc.
(Comments are closed)