Contributed by jason on from the record-yourself-smashing-salted-dates dept.
There are 6 new ports for the week of June 30 to July 6:
Some ports had updates that users should be aware of.
Ports are listed in the order they were committed to the tree:
- Dates is a small, lightweight calendar, featuring an innovative, unified, zooming view and is designed primarily for use on hand-held devices.
- Tasks is a simple To Do list application that eschews complicated features for a lean interface and functionality that just does the right thing. It has a simple interface with little cruft around the list of tasks.
- Recordmydesktop is a desktop session recorder that attempts to be easy to use, yet also effective at its primary task. It produces a file (default out.ogg) that contains a video and audio recording of a desktop session. The default behavior of recording is to mark areas that have changed and update the frame. This port includes the Gtk version of Recordmydesktop.
- Crypt::SaltedHash is an object-oriented interface to create salted (or seeded) hashes of clear text data. The original formalization of this concept comes from RFC-3112 and is extended by the use of different digital agorithms.
- The ACPI Component Architecture (ACPICA) project provides an operating system (OS)-independent reference implementation of the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface Specification (ACPI).
- Cannon Smash is a 3D table tennis game. The goal of the project is to provide a computer game rendition of table tennis that allows the use of various strategies available in the real game.
Port update notes:
Update to nagios 3.0.3, includes segfault bugfixes against 3.0.2.
Fix a possible crash in the attachment filter.
Import a patch from GNOME bugzilla that fixes the vertical maximisation problem.
Disable the kmem-related code, which is not 64-bit clean and causes problems on i386. This disables some useful MIBs, but until net-snmp can be fixed to use a better source for its information, it's needed. Some details are under "64bit nlist" on the net-snmp wiki page and in the various INSTALL.* files in the distribution.
Updated to libsamplerate-0.1.4 to fix a "segfault when downsampling by an extremely small ratio".
Update to 0.9.1, fixes the epoch value stored in the database and column sorting in the CGI.
Small update to version 1.19.1. This release fixes some minor bugs and annoyances.
Update to 9.51, which includes various stability and security fixes. Most notably it fixed an issue where <canvas> functions could reveal data from random places in memory.
Update to pidgin-2.4.3. This fixes ICQ logins, crashes due to invalid Jabber id's, and various memory leaks.
Security update to mozilla-firefox-22.214.171.124, fixes MFSA 2008-33, MFSA 2008-32, MFSA 2008-31, MFSA 2008-30, MFSA 2008-29, MFSA 2008-28, MFSA 2008-27, MFSA 2008-25, MFSA 2008-24, MFSA 2008-23, MFSA 2008-22, and MFSA 2008-21.
Security update to seamonkey-1.1.10 Similar to mozilla-firefox update mentioned above.
Roll in a change from Gentoo Linux that fixes a heap-based buffer overflow (CVE-2008-2371).
(Comments are closed)