Contributed by merdely on from the hackathonical dept.
There are 20 new ports for the week of June 8 to June 14:
Ports are listed in the order they were committed to the tree:
provides a couple of tools to cut and cat MP3 audio files
at the frame level:
- mp3cut uses a so called 'cue sheet' to cut an MP3 audio file into individual pieces (usually tracks)
- mp3cat concatenates the audio data from one or more MP3 files
- cddb2cue generates a cue file from a CDDB file
- mp3cut provides a couple of tools to cut and cat MP3 audio files at the frame level:
- Raggle is a simple console RSS aggregator written in ruby. Main features: customizable keybindings, basic HTML rendering, HTTP proxy support, OPML import/export, themes, support for various versions of RSS, Screen support. browser auto-detection, and more.
- Duplicity incrementally backs up files and directory by encrypting tar-format volumes with GnuPG and uploading them to a remote (or local) file server. Currently local, ftp, ssh/scp, rsync, WebDAV, WebDAVs, HSi and Amazon S3 backends are available. Because duplicity uses librsync, the incremental archives are space efficient and only record the parts of files that have changed since the last backup. Currently duplicity supports deleted files, full unix permissions, directories, symbolic links, fifos, etc., but not hard links. The duplicity package also includes the rdiffdir utility. Rdiffdir is an extension of librsync's rdiff to directories - it can be used to produce signatures and deltas of directories as well as regular files. These signatures and deltas are in GNU tar format.
- DBD::Chart provides a DBI abstraction for rendering pie charts, bar charts, box&whisker charts (aka boxcharts), histograms, Gantt charts, and line, point, and area graphs.
for PostgreSQL. It is derived from
Unix Top. Similar
to top, pg_top allows you to monitor PostgreSQL processes. It also
allows you to:
- View currently running SQL statement of a process.
- View query plan of a currently running SELECT statement.
- View locks held by a process.
- View user table statistics.
- View user index statistics.
- pg_top is 'top(1)' for PostgreSQL. It is derived from Unix Top. Similar to top, pg_top allows you to monitor PostgreSQL processes. It also allows you to:
- RarCrack is a password cracker for compressed archives (rar, 7z, zip).
- Spectrum-Tools is a set of utilities for using the Wi-Spy USB spectrum analyzer tools from Metageek LLC. They include userspace drivers for the hardware (implemented via libusb), a graphing UI built on GTK/Cairo, network servers for remote devices, and simple utilities for developing additional tools. This package contains the GTK user interface, spectool_gtk. Non-GUI tools can be found in the spectrum-tools-utils package.
- xdotool is a nice little tool permitting to fake X mouse and keyboard events, manipulate windows and desktops, search through existing windows.
- File::Tempdir provides an object interface to tempdir() from File::Temp. This allows for the temporary directory to be destroyed as soon you don't need it anymore using the magic DESTROY() function automatically called by perl when the object is no longer reference. If a value is passed to at object creation, it become only a container allowing to keep same code in your function.
- Modified OpenSSH daemon and client for NX.
- Library to compress the standard X protocol.
- NX is an exciting new technology for remote display. It provides near local speed application responsiveness over high latency, low bandwidth links. The core libraries for NX are provided by NoMachine under the GPL.
- libstdc++-man is a set of manpages generated by doxygen from libstdc++ source, and in sync with our g++. Quite handy when you're hacking on big c++/stl code without net access.
- PgWorksheet is a simple GUI frontend to PostgreSQL for executing SQL queries and psql commands.
GNU Emacs 22
is a self-documenting, customizable, extensible real-time display editor.
Users new to Emacs will be able to use basic features fairly rapidly by studying the tutorial and using the self-documentation features. Emacs also has an extensive interactive manual browser. It is easily extensible since its editing commands are written in Lisp.
GNU Emacs's many special packages handle mail reading (RMail) and sending (Mail), outline editing (Outline), compiling (Compile), running subshells within Emacs windows (Shell), running a Lisp read-eval-print loop (Lisp-Interaction-Mode), automated psychotherapy (Doctor :-)) and many more.
- GNU Emacs 22 is a self-documenting, customizable, extensible real-time display editor.
- Epydoc is a tool for generating API documentation for Python modules, based on their docstrings. A lightweight markup language called epytext can be used to format docstrings, and to add information about specific fields, such as parameters and instance variables. Epydoc also understands docstrings written in reStructuredText, Javadoc, and plaintext.
Port update notes:
security update to version 1.17.1: CVE-2007-5740
Fix buffer overflows in the pnm and xpm loaders (CVE-2008-2426).
You must update trac's database if updating from a previous version of the port.
SECURITY update vlc to 0.8.6h:
- fixes *many* null pointer deref, error handling failures, leaks, use-after-free and double-free found by Coverity
- fixes some MPEG2 TS audio packet loss
- numerous security fixes in 0.8.6g
- fixes some memory leaks
SECURITY update to fix CVE-2008-0960
A vulnerability has been reported in Net-SNMP, which can be exploited by malicious people to spoof authenticated SNMPv3 packets.
The authentication code reads the length to be checked from sender input, this allows the sender to supply single byte HMAC code and have a 1 in 256 chance of matching the correct HMAC and authenticating, as only the first byte will be checked. The sender would need to know a valid username.
Make pftop build again after the lates pf changes. Filtering against 'gateway' addres/ports does not work (yet) due to the address handling changes in pf. Other functionality should work. Also fixes two minor bugs reported by many
CVE-2008-2152: Different kinds of manipulated files may lead to heap overflows and arbitrary code execution.
Add lua module.
Add xfce4 module.
Port that were removed:
(Comments are closed)