Contributed by merdely on from the i-had-an-s-but-cvs-eated-it dept.
- This has been a busy week with 26 new ports for February 2 to February 9:
- astro/libnova, audio/p5-Audio-M4P, audio/p5-Ogg-Vorbis-Header-PurePerl, audio/ruby-id3lib, databases/soprano, devel/giggle, devel/p5-Config-Options, devel/p5-Tree-Simple-View, devel/ruby-debug, devel/ruby-debug-base, devel/ruby-open4, graphics/ruby-rmagick, net/igmpproxy, net/iodine, net/nagios/cnagios, net/py-medusa, productivity/osmo, security/gringotts, security/libgringotts, security/qca2, security/ruby-openid, sysutils/ruby-vlad, www/p5-WebService-MusicBrainz, www/zendframework, x11/xfce4/xfce4-wmdock, x11/xfce4/xfprint
Ports are listed in the order they were committed to the tree:
- The Zend Framework aims to provide an architecture for developing entire applications with no other library dependencies.
- xfprint is a graphical frontend for XFCE for printing and printer management, supporting CUPS, BSD-LPR and File(Postscript) backends.
- xfce4-wmdock is a panel plugin which integrates so-called dockapps into the Xfce4 panel.
- WebService::MusicBrainz will act as a factory using static methods to return specific web service objects.
is an object-oriented interface to Ogg Vorbis information and comment
fields, implemented entirely in Perl. Intended to be a drop in
Unlike Ogg::Vorbis::Header, this module will go ahead and fill in all of the information fields as soon as you construct the object. In other words, the new and load constructors have identical behavior.
- Ogg::Vorbis::Header::PurePerl is an object-oriented interface to Ogg Vorbis information and comment fields, implemented entirely in Perl. Intended to be a drop in replacement for Ogg::Vorbis::Header.
- Audio::M4P is a Perl manipulation of Quicktime Audio files, including protected audio M4P files. Allows extraction and modification of meta information in Apple QuickTime AAC/m4a music files.
- Config::Options provides a configuration hash with option to read from file.
libGringotts is a small, easy-to-use, thread-safe C library originally
developed for Gringotts.
Its purpose is to encapsulate data (generic:
ASCII, but also binary data) in an encrypted and compressed structure,
to be written in a file or used elseway. It makes use of strong
encryption algorithms, to ensure the data are as safe as possible, and
allow the user to have the complete control over all the algorithms used
in the process.
For encryptions, libGringotts makes use of the MCrypt and MHash libs. It includes some other useful features, like generation of encrypted temporary files, secure memory management, and functions for the evaluation of password quality.
- libGringotts is a small, easy-to-use, thread-safe C library originally developed for Gringotts. Its purpose is to encapsulate data (generic: ASCII, but also binary data) in an encrypted and compressed structure, to be written in a file or used elseway. It makes use of strong encryption algorithms, to ensure the data are as safe as possible, and allow the user to have the complete control over all the algorithms used in the process.
- Gringotts is a secure notes manager for Linux and other UNIX-like systems. It is based on libgringotts, which provides a backend for managing the data files on the disk.
- Giggle is a Gtk frontend to the distributed SCM git, like qgit or gitk. With Giggle you will be able to visualize and browse easily the revision tree, view changed files and differences between revisions, visualize summarized info for the project, commit changes and other useful tasks for any git managed project contributor.
- Osmo is a handy personal organizer, which includes calendar, tasks manager and address book modules. It was designed to be a small, easy to use and good looking PIM tool to help managing personal information. In its current state the organizer is quite convenient to use - for example, the user can perform nearly all operations using the keyboard. Also, a lot of parameters are configurable to meet the user's preferences. On the technical side, Osmo is GTK+ based tool which uses a plain XML database to store all personal data.
is a full-screen terminal interface for viewing Nagios
HOST and SERVICE objects, and the durations of their current states.
It's lightning fast because it's written in C using the curses library. And it's super flexible because it uses hooks directly into the perl C library to shorten plugin output and filter the displayed HOSTs or SERVICEs.
- Cnagios is a full-screen terminal interface for viewing Nagios HOST and SERVICE objects, and the durations of their current states.
- iodine lets you tunnel IPv4 data through a DNS server. This can be usable in different situations where internet access is firewalled, but DNS queries are allowed.
- ruby-openid is a robust Ruby library for verifying and serving OpenID identities.
- ruby-debug-base is the base API for ruby-debug.
- ruby-debug is a fast implementation of the standard debugger debug.rb. The faster execution speed is achieved by utilizing a new hook Ruby C API.
- ruby-open4 opens child processes with handles on pid, stdin, stdout, and stderr to manage child processes and their io handles easily.
- RMagick is a Ruby interface to the ImageMagick image processing library. It supports more than 90 image formats, including GIF, JPEG and PNG. Includes RVG, a 2D drawing API.
- igmpproxy is a simple multicast routing daemon which uses IGMP forwarding to dynamically route multicast traffic. Routing is done by defining an "upstream" interface on which the daemon acts as a normal Multicast client, and one or more "downstream" interfaces that serves clients on the destination networks. This is useful in situations where other dynamic multicast routers cannot be used.
- libnova is a library for astronomical computations used by kstars in kde4.
- Medusa is a 'server platform' -- it provides a framework for implementing asynchronous socket-based servers (TCP/IP and on Unix, Unix domain, sockets).
- Qt Cryptographic Architecture (QCA) crypto framework for qt4, to be used by kde4 among other things.
- id3lib-ruby provides a Ruby interface to the id3lib C++ library for easily editing ID3 tags (v1 and v2) of MP3 audio files.
(Comments are closed)