Contributed by merdely on from the where's-the-perl dept.
- There are 9 new ports for December 2 to December 8:
- audio/soundtouch, devel/ccrtp, devel/commoncpp, games/amoebax, geo/postgis, net/filezilla, net/py-pcs, www/py-beautifulsoup, www/py-webpy
Ports are listed in the order they were committed to the tree:
is a Python HTML/XML parser designed for quick turnaround projects like
screen-scraping. Three features make it powerful:
- Beautiful Soup won't choke if you give it bad markup. It yields a parse tree that makes approximately as much sense as your original document. This is usually good enough to collect the data you need and run away.
- Beautiful Soup provides a few simple methods and Pythonic idioms for navigating, searching, and modifying a parse tree: a toolkit for dissecting a document and extracting what you need. You don't have to create a custom parser for each application.
- Beautiful Soup automatically converts incoming documents to Unicode and outgoing documents to UTF-8. You don't have to think about encodings, unless the document doesn't specify an encoding and Beautiful Soup can't autodetect one. Then you just have to specify the original encoding.
- BeautifulSoup is a Python HTML/XML parser designed for quick turnaround projects like screen-scraping. Three features make it powerful:
- web.py is a web framework for python that is as simple as it is powerful.
- PCS (Packet Construction Set) is a set of Python modules and objects that make building network protocol code easier for the protocol developer. The core of the system is the pcs module itself which provides the necessary functionality to create classes that implement packets.
is a fast FTP, FTPS and SFTP GUI client with a lot of features:
- Easy to use
- Supports FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) and SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- Cross-platform. Runs on Windows, Linux, *BSD, OSX and more
- Available in many languages
- Supports resume and transfer of large files >4GB
- Powerful Site Manager and transfer queue
- Drag & drop support
- Configurable Speed limits
- Filename filters
- Network configuration wizard
- filezilla is a fast FTP, FTPS and SFTP GUI client with a lot of features:
- Common C++ offers a highly portable C++ application development framework. Common C++ provides classes for threads, sockets, daemon management, system logging, object synchronization, realtime network development, persistant object management, and file access.
- GNU ccRTP is an implementation of RTP, the real-time transport protocol from the IETF (see RFC 3550, RFC 3551 and RFC 3555). ccRTP is a C++ library based on GNU Common C++ which provides a high performance, flexible and extensible standards-compliant RTP stack with full RTCP support. The design and implementation of ccRTP make it suitable for high capacity servers and gateways as well as personal client applications.
is an open-source audio processing library for changing the
Tempo, Pitch and Playback Rates of audio streams or files:
- Tempo (time-stretch): changes the sound to play at faster or slower speed than original, without affecting the sound pitch
- Pitch (key): changes the sound pitch or key, without affecting the sound tempo or speed
- Playback Rate: changes both the sound tempo and pitch, as if an LP disc was played at wrong RPM rate
- SoundTouch is an open-source audio processing library for changing the Tempo, Pitch and Playback Rates of audio streams or files:
is a free multi-platform match-3 puzzle game where the objective
is to beat your opponent in a battle by filling their grid up to the top
You can play as Kim or Tom against six cute creatures controlled by the amoebas or you can play up to four players in a tournament to see who is the Amoebas Master.
- Amoebax is a free multi-platform match-3 puzzle game where the objective is to beat your opponent in a battle by filling their grid up to the top with garbage.
- PostGIS adds support for geographic objects to the PostgreSQL object-relational database. In effect, PostGIS "spatially enables" the PostgreSQL server, allowing it to be used as a backend spatial database for geographic information systems (GIS), much like ESRI's SDE or Oracle's Spatial extension. PostGIS follows the OpenGIS "Simple Features Specification for SQL" and has been certified as compliant with the "Types and Functions" profile.
(Comments are closed)