Contributed by merdely on from the stastic-is-fantastic dept.
- There are 11 new ports for November 11 to November 17:
- devel/p5-Class-MOP, devel/p5-Moose, devel/ruby-rspec, mail/claws-mail-htmlviewer, multimedia/devede, net/p5-Net-Jabber, security/bunny, sysutils/ruby-mongrel_cluster, www/pmwiki, x11/gammapage, x11/xfce4/xfce4-places
Ports are listed in the order they were committed to the tree:
- claws-mail-htmlviewer (originally named Gtkhtml2Viewer) is an HTML renderer plugin for Claws Mail using curl and libgtkhtml.
- Class::MOP is an attempt to create a meta object protocol for the Perl 5 object system. It makes no attempt to change the behavior or characteristics of the Perl 5 object system, only to create a protocol for its manipulation and introspection.
- Moose is built on top of Class::MOP, which is a metaclass system for Perl 5. This means that Moose not only makes building normal Perl 5 objects better, but it also provides the power of metaclass programming.
- GAMMApage is a gamma-adjusting utility for your monitor. It is able to adjust gamma on the fly and save settings to be used at each login (on a per-user basis, GAMMApage will only write to the user's home directory).
- bunny the fuzzer is a closed loop, high-performance, general purpose protocol-blind fuzzer for C programs. It uses compiler-level integration to seamlessly inject precise and reliable instrumentation hooks into the traced program. These hooks enable the fuzzer to receive real-time feedback on changes to the function call path, call parameters, and return values in response to variations in input data. This architecture makes it possible to significantly improve the coverage of the testing process without a noticeable performance impact usually associated with other attempts to peek into run-time internals.
- Mongrel Cluster is a ruby-based tool to help start/stop/restart multiple mongrel servers to use behind a load balancer like Nginx, Lighttpd, Pound, Pen or Balance. This plugin adds an option to specify a number of mongrel servers to launch, a range of ports, and a configuration file for the cluster.
- RSpec is a Behaviour Definition Framework intended for use in Behaviour Driven Development. RSpec plays the same role that a unit testing framework would play in a Test Driven Development environment, but does so using words and structures that better support BDD.
- xfce4-places is a panel-plugin providing a menu with quick access to system-defined directories (home folder, trash, desktop, file system), user-defined bookmarks and recent documents history.
PmWiki is a
system for collaborative creation and maintenance of websites.
PmWiki pages look and act like normal web pages, except they have an "Edit" link that makes it easy to modify existing pages and add new pages into the website, using basic editing rules. You do not need to know or use any HTML or CSS.
Page editing can be left open to the public or restricted to small groups of authors.
- PmWiki is a wiki-based system for collaborative creation and maintenance of websites.
- DeVeDe is a program to create video DVDs and CDs (VCD, sVCD or CVD), suitables for home players, from any number of video files, in any of the formats supported by MPlayer.
- Net::Jabber is a convenient tool to use for any perl script that would like to utilize the Jabber Instant Messaging protocol. While not a client in and of itself, it provides all of the necessary back-end functions to make a CGI client or command-line perl client feasible and easy to use. Net::Jabber is a wrapper around the rest of the official Net::Jabber::* packages.
(Comments are closed)