Contributed by merdely on from the crackin-crackin-crackin dept.
CVSROOT: /cvs Module name: src Changes by: deraadt@ 2007/11/15 15:21:32 Modified files: sys/arch/amd64/conf: GENERIC RAMDISK RAMDISK_CD sys/arch/i386/conf: GENERIC RAMDISK RAMDISKB RAMDISKC RAMDISK_CD Log message: enable most acpi functionality by default. now instead of 'enable acpi', you use 'disable acpi' or 'disable apm' [when] you encounter problems (depending on which kind of problems). if we work hard enough, this can remain the situation by the time we ship the next release. otherwise, we will re-disable acpi... so let's [get] crackin'
Below is a list of enabled acpi subsystems.
- acpi(4) - Main ACPI interface
- acpiac(4) - ACPI AC adapter
- acpibat(4) - ACPI control method battery
- acpibtn(4) - ACPI button
- acpicpu(4) - ACPI processor power and performance state
- acpiec(4) - ACPI embedded controller
- acpihpet(4) - ACPI high precision event timer
- acpimadt(4) - ACPI APIC configuration
- acpiprt(4) - ACPI PCI routing table configuration
- acpitimer(4) - ACPI power management timer
- acpitz(4) - ACPI thermal zone
acpidock(4) (ACPI docking station) is still disabled (See the BUGS section of the man page).
Be sure to test, send in your dmesgs and report bugs (using sendbug(1)). Let's make sure we can get this into 4.3!
For more information about what's going on in -current, see the -current changelog webpage.
(Comments are closed)