Contributed by merdely on from the polly-wanna-cracker dept.
- There are 23 new ports for October 7 to October 13:
- databases/p5-Data-RandomPerson, databases/pgtcl, devel/p5-Array-Window, devel/p5-Class-Default, devel/p5-Class-Handle, devel/p5-Rcs, devel/p5-Time-Duration, lang/parrot, mail/claws-mail-rssyl, mail/p5-GetLive, math/p5-Chart-Math-Axis, math/qtoctave, misc/digitemp, misc/p5-Lingua-Romana-Perligata, net/p5-Validate-Net, sysutils/conky, sysutils/monitord, textproc/asciidoc, textproc/p5-Text-DoubleMetaphone, textproc/p5-XML-Generator, www/mplayerplug-in, www/p5-Apache-Session-Memcached, www/p5-Plagger
Ports are listed in the order they were committed to the tree:
- DigiTemp is a simple to use program for reading values from 1-wire devices. Its main use is for reading temperature sensors, but it also reads counters, and understands the 1-wire hubs with devices on different branches of the network. DigiTemp now supports the following 1-wire temperature sensors: DS18S20 (and DS1820), DS18B20, DS1822, the DS2438 Smart Battery Monitor, DS2422 and DS2423 Counters, DS2409 MicroLAN Coupler (used in 1-wire hubs), and the AAG TAI-8540 humidity sensor.
- Monitord is a compact Perl-based tool for watching the health of UNIX systems. Monitord monitors the local system by watching the process table, load average figures, the amount of free space in file systems, and the output of custom monitoring scripts.
- Data::RandomPerson generates realistic random data for people including gender, age, date of birth, first and last names, and title. Names can be created for several ethnic groups including Vikings.
- AsciiDoc is a text document format for writing short documents, articles, books and UNIX man pages. AsciiDoc files can be translated to HTML and DocBook markups using the asciidoc(1) command.
- Text::DoubleMetaphone is an implementation of a "sounds like" algorithm.
GetLive is a perl
script that fetches mail from your Hotmail Live account.
The mail is then presented to any filter (typically
procmail) for further processing or dropping in a local mailbox.
This port replaces mail/gotmail (which doesn't work with Hotmail Live).
- GetLive is a perl script that fetches mail from your Hotmail Live account. The mail is then presented to any filter (typically procmail) for further processing or dropping in a local mailbox.
- Parrot is a virtual machine designed with the needs of dynamically typed languages (such as Perl and Python) in mind, and should be able to run programs written in these languages more efficiently than VMs developed with static languages in mind (JVM, .NET).
Plagger is a pluggable RSS/Atom
feed aggregator and remixer platform.
Everything is implemented as a small plugin and all you have to do is to write a flow of aggregation, filters, syndication, publishing and notification plugins into a config file (YAML).
- Plagger is a pluggable RSS/Atom feed aggregator and remixer platform.
- Conky is a system monitor for X originally based on the torsmo code. Since it's original conception, Conky has changed a fair bit from it's predecessor. Conky can display just about anything, either on your root desktop or in it's own window. Conky has many built-in objects, as well as the ability to execute programs and scripts, then display the output from stdout.
- The Rcs module provides an object oriented interface to access Revision Control System (RCS) utilities.
is a browser plugin that uses
to play digital media from websites.
This plug-in gives Mozilla the ability to play media from a website the net without reading the source html and getting the url manually. Media is played embedded in the page or in a separate window depending on how the author of the webpage intended the media to be seen.
- mplayerplug-in is a browser plugin that uses mplayer to play digital media from websites.
Many applications require that a large set of results be broken down
into a smaller set of 'windows', or 'pages' in web language.
Array::Window implements an algorithm specifically for dealing with these windows. It is very flexible and permissive, making adjustments to the window as needed.
- Many applications require that a large set of results be broken down into a smaller set of 'windows', or 'pages' in web language.
- Class::Default provides a mechanism to allow your class to take static method calls and apply it to a default instantiation of an object. It provides a flexibility to an API that allows it to be used more comfortably in different situations.
- Class related functionality in Perl is broken up into a variety of different modules. Class::Handle attempts to provide a convenient object wrapper around the various different types of functions that can be performed on a class.
- Time::Duration provides functions for expressing durations in rounded or exact terms.
- Chart::Math::Axis implements in a generic way an algorithm for finding a set of ideal values for an axis. That is, for any given set of data, what should the top and bottom of the axis scale be, and what should the interval between the ticks be.
- pgtcl is a tcl interface to postgresql.
- Validate::Net is a class designed to assist with the validation of internet related strings. It can be used to validate CGI forms, internally by modules, and in any place where you want to check that an internet related string is valid before handing it off to Net::* modules.
- In general, once you have an XML::Generator object, you then simply call methods on that object named for each XML tag you wish to generate.
(Comments are closed)