Contributed by merdely on from the putty-isnt-just-for-windows dept.
- There are 12 new ports for the week of September 2 to September 8:
- devel/p5-Class-Meta, devel/p5-Class-Meta-Express, devel/p5-Data-Types, devel/p5-IPC-Shareable, games/tetrinetx, mail/imapfilter, net/openvmps, net/putty, print/ijs, textproc/iksemel, www/nginx, x11/dzen2
Ports are listed in the order they were committed to the tree:
- IMAPFilter is a mail filtering utility. It connects to remote mail servers using the Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP), sends searching queries to the server and processes mailboxes based on the results. It can be used to delete, copy, move, flag, etc. messages residing in mailboxes at the same or different mail servers. The 4rev1 and 4 versions of the IMAP protocol are supported.
- IJS is, first and foremost, a protocol for transmission of raster page images. This snapshot provides a reference implementation of the protocol, the design of which is still in flux. When the protocol specification is published, it will be authoritative. Applications should feel free to link against the library provided in this package, adapt that code for their own needs, or roll a completely new implementation.
- PuTTY is a SSH and Telnet client implementation. This package contains the command-line clients and supporting utilities for key generation.
- iksemel is an LGPL-licensed XML parser library mainly designed for Jabber applications.
[engine x] is a HTTP server and IMAP/POP3 proxy server.
The basic HTTP features:
- Handling of the static files, index files, and autoindexing
- Accelerated reverse proxying without caching, simple load balancing and fault tolerance
- Accelerated support without caching of the remote FastCGI servers, simple load balancing and fault tolerance
- Modular architecture, filters including gzipping, byte ranges, chunked responses, and SSI-filter; Several subrequests in one page handling in SSI-filter via FastCGI or proxy running in parallel
- the SSL support
- User redirection to IMAP/POP3 backend using an external HTTP authentication server
- Plain text authentication (LOGIN, USER/PASS)
- SSL and STARTTLS support
- nginx [engine x] is a HTTP server and IMAP/POP3 proxy server.
- tetrinetx provides a server for hosting TetriNet games (a multiplayer variant of Tetris for up to six players).
- IPC::Shareable allows you to tie a variable to shared memory making it easy to share the contents of that variable with other Perl processes. Scalars, arrays, and hashes can be tied. The variable being tied may contain arbitrarily complex data structures - including references to arrays, hashes of hashes, etc.
- Dzen is a general purpose messaging, notification and menu program for X11. It was desigend to be scriptable in any language and integrate well with window managers like dwm, wmii and xmonad though it will work with any windowmanger.
is a substitute implementation of Cisco Virtual Membership
Policy Server (on Catalyst 500 family of switches).
It is used on Cisco LAN switches to dynamically assign ports to VLANs
according to Ethernet Address.
Because it was developed solely on infomation obtained by observing the network traffic between switches it is probably not complete but it is a working subset of the protocol. Note that it includes a patch from openvpms CVS that fixes a logging function format string Vulnerability.
- OpenVMPS is a substitute implementation of Cisco Virtual Membership Policy Server (on Catalyst 500 family of switches). It is used on Cisco LAN switches to dynamically assign ports to VLANs according to Ethernet Address.
- Data::Types exports a number of functions that are useful for validating and converting data types. It is intended for use in applications where data types are more important than they typically are in Perl -- e.g., database applications.
- Class::Meta provides an interface for automating the creation of Perl classes with attribute data type validation. It differs from other such modules in that it includes an introspection API that can be used as a unified interface for all Class::Meta-generated classes. In this sense, it is an implementation of the "Facade" design pattern.
- Class::Meta::Express provides an interface to concisely yet expressively create classes Class::Meta. The intent is to provide a simpler, more meaningful interface for creating Class::Meta classes while preserving the power and flexibility of Class::Meta.
(Comments are closed)