Contributed by merdely on from the licensed-to-drive dept.
Every release, there is support added for more and more hardware. This release is no different. Among support added, we have 10G network drivers, Serial ATA controllers, bluetooth and various drivers for hppa, sparc64, macppc and zaurus. Read on for details about the new drivers.
- uts(4), a driver for USB touchscreens
- ahci(4), Advanced Host Controller Interface for Serial ATA
- sili(4), a SATA chipset from Silicon Image
- led(4), a SPARC64 LED driver
- pmc(4), a driver for the watchdog(4) timer on the National Semiconductor PC87317 SuperIO chip for sparc64
- bbc(4), a driver for the sparc64 BootBus Controller
- tht(4), a driver for the Tehuti networks 10Gb ethernet cards
- xlights(4), a driver for the macppc Xserve LEDs
- sysbutton(4), a driver for the Xserve G4 and G5 front system identifier button (macppc)
- astro(4), HPPA Astro Memory and I/O controller
- elroy(4), HPPA Elroy PCI hostbridge
- ssio(4), a driver for National Semiconductor PC87560 Legacy IO on HPPA
- jmb(4), JMicron JMB36x SATA II and PATA Host Controller
- lcd(4), a front panel LCD display for HPPA
- piixpcib(4), a driver for Intel PIIX4 ISA bridges on i386
- pxammc(4), a driver for the MMC/SD/SDIO controller on zaurus
- pyro(4), a driver for the SPARC64 Host/PCIe bridge
- sbt(4), a driver for SDIO Bluetooth adapter
Remember, hardware support comes from the developers having the hardware and documentation. Please donate hardware, buy CDs & donate funds, and encourage companies to release documentation so the project can continue improving hardware support!
(Comments are closed)