Contributed by merdely on from the yippee-ki-yay dept.
This week brought us 23 new ports.
- Here are the ports added during June 24 to June 30:
- devel/cxxtools, devel/py-configobj, devel/py-kid, devel/py-py, devel/py-simplejson, devel/py-turbocheetah, devel/py-turbojson, devel/py-turbokid, devel/py-wsgiutils, games/barrage, games/gtetrinet, graphics/libkdcraw, net/ruby-xmpp4r, news/hellanzb, www/liferea, www/py-paste, www/py-paste-deploy, www/py-paste-script, www/py-turbogears, www/tntnet, x11/gtk2-murrine-engine, x11/isomaster, x11/vdesk
Ports are listed in the order they were committed to the tree:
is an implementation of the Python
programming language written in Python itself, flexible and easy to experiment
with. Our long-term goals are to target a large variety of platforms, small and
large, by providing a compiler toolsuite that can produce custom Python
versions. Platform, memory and threading models are to become aspects of the
translation process - as opposed to encoding low level details into the
language implementation itself. Eventually, dynamic optimization techniques
- implemented as another translation aspect - should become robust against
From the commit message: The py lib is a development support library featuring py.test, ad-hoc distributed execution, micro-threads and svn abstractions.
- PyPy is an implementation of the Python programming language written in Python itself, flexible and easy to experiment with. Our long-term goals are to target a large variety of platforms, small and large, by providing a compiler toolsuite that can produce custom Python versions. Platform, memory and threading models are to become aspects of the translation process - as opposed to encoding low level details into the language implementation itself. Eventually, dynamic optimization techniques - implemented as another translation aspect - should become robust against language changes.
- hellanzb is a Python application designed for *nix environments that retrieves nzb files and fully processes them. The goal being to make getting files from Usenet (e.g.: Giganews Newsgroups) as hands-free as possible. Once fully installed, all thats required is moving an nzb file to the queue directory. The rest; fetching, par-checking, un-raring, etc. is taken care of by hellanzb.
- Python Paste brings consistency to Python web development and web application installation, providing tools for both developers and system administrators.
- Paste Deployment is a system for finding and configuring WSGI applications and servers. For WSGI application consumers it provides a single, simple function (loadapp) for loading a WSGI application from a configuration file or a Python Egg. For WSGI application providers it only asks for a single, simple entry point to your application, so that application users don't need to be exposed to the implementation details of your application.
- Simplejson is a simple, fast, extensible JSON encoder/decoder for Python. It is compatible with Python 2.3 and later with no external dependencies. It covers the full JSON specification for both encoding and decoding, with unicode support. The encoder may be subclassed to provide serialization in any kind of situation, without any special support by the objects to be serialized (somewhat like pickle). The decoder can handle incoming JSON strings of any specified encoding.
WSGI Utils is a
package of standalone utility libraries that ease the development of
simple WSGI programs.
The package is divided into two main components which can be used individualy or in combination:
- wsgiServer is a multi-threaded WSGI web server based on SimpleHTTPServer.
- wsgiAdaptor is a simple WSGI application that provides basic authentication, signed cookies and persistent sessions.
- WSGI Utils is a package of standalone utility libraries that ease the development of simple WSGI programs.
is a simple but powerful config file reader and writer:
an ini file round tripper. Its main feature is that it is very easy
to use, with a straightforward programmer's interface and a simple
syntax for config files. It has lots of other features though:
- Nested sections (subsections), to any level
- List values
- Multiple line values
- String interpolation (substitution)
- Integrated with a powerful validation system
- including automatic type checking/conversion
- repeated sections
- and allowing default values
- All comments in the file are preserved
- The order of keys/sections is preserved
- No external dependencies
- Full Unicode support
- A powerful unrepr mode for storing basic datatypes
- ConfigObj is a simple but powerful config file reader and writer: an ini file round tripper. Its main feature is that it is very easy to use, with a straightforward programmer's interface and a simple syntax for config files. It has lots of other features though:
Python Paste Script is a
pluggable command-line frontend, including commands to setup
package file layouts.
It includes some built-in features:
- Create file layouts for packages. For instance, paste create --template=basic_package MyPackage will create a setuptools-ready file layout;
- Serving up web applications, with configuration based on paste.deploy.
- Python Paste Script is a pluggable command-line frontend, including commands to setup package file layouts.
- This package provides a template engine plugin, allowing you to easily use Cheetah with TurboGears, Buffet and other tools that support the python.templating.engines entry point. Cheetah templates are assumed to have a "tmpl" extension.
- Kid is a simple template language for XML based vocabularies written in Python. It was spawned as a result of a kinky love triangle between XSLT, TAL, and PHP. We believe many of the best features of these languages live on in Kid with much of the limitations and complexity stamped out (see WhatsBorrowed and WhatsDifferent).
- The Murrine GTK engine intends to provide the ability to make your desktop look like a "Murrina", beautiful glass artworks created by Venician glass blowers. This cairo-based engine is very fast due to optimization and removal of slow gradients.
XMPP4R is a
library for Ruby. Its goal is to provide
a complete framework to develop Jabber-related applications or scripts in Ruby.
- Fully object-oriented ( well, it's Ruby ;) )
- Aims at being XMPP compliant
- Well unit-tested and documented code
- Uses well-known and well-tested software like REXML, instead of reinventing the wheel
- Very easy to extend
- XMPP4R is a XMPP/Jabber library for Ruby. Its goal is to provide a complete framework to develop Jabber-related applications or scripts in Ruby.
- Cxxtools is a collection various unrelated, but useful C++ classes.
- Tntnet is a web application server for web applications written in C++. You can write a Web-page with HTML and with special tags you embed C++-code into the page for active contents. These pages, called components are compiled into C++-classes with the ecpp-compilier "ecppc", then compiled into objectcode and linked into a shared library. This shared library is loaded by the webserver "tntnet" on request and executed.
- Barrage is a rather violent action game with the objective to kill and destroy as many targets as possible within 3 minutes. The player controls a gun that may either fire small or large grenades at soldiers, jeeps and tanks. It is a very simple gameplay though it is not that easy to get high scores.
- libkdcraw is the glue around dcraw for use in kde programs, dependency of digikam 0.9.2, that can grab raw data from a digital camera.
- Liferea is an aggregator for online news feeds. There are many other news readers available, but these others are not available for Unix or require many extra libraries to be installed. Liferea tries to fill this gap by creating a fast, easy to use, easy to install news aggregator for GTK/GNOME.
- vdesk is a virtual desktop manager, intended for use with window managers that don't provide virtual desktops themselves. It works by mapping and unmapping (i.e. showing and hiding) windows itself when you invoke it to change desktops.
- ISO Master is an open-source, easy to use, GUI CD image editor. Basically you can use this program to extract files from an ISO, add files to an ISO, and create bootable ISOs. It can open both ISO and NRG files but can only save as ISO.
Another great week of new ports! We're up to 4473 ports! Keep up the great work.
(Comments are closed)