Contributed by marco on from the 4.0-is-coming-at-you dept.
With the upcoming release of OpenBSD 4.0, we need our community to test the latest snapshots. Users are needed to test all architectures and ensure that the installation media works as intended. Please use snapshots from your closest mirror and report any problems according to the -current report guidelines.
Some of the new feature highlights planned for 4.0 include:
- New em(4) hardware support and bugfixes
- Areca RAID controller driver in arc(4)
- PERC5/MegaRAID SAS RAID controller driver in mfi(4)
- Support for Broadcom NetXtreme in bnx(4)
- New wireless drivers rum(4) and acx(4)
- Advancements to sasyncd(8) and ipsecctl(8) for IPsec failover
- Ultrasparc III support for the sparc64 platform
Lots of great stuff planned for OpenBSD 4.0, but let's take this time to focus on all aspects of the base system. Test, test test!
(Comments are closed)