Contributed by sean on from the interesting idea but not quite all there dept.
Few days ago I've found interesting project page for OpenBSD. It allows to set quota per directory, which seems to be good solution for webhosting solutions. I've used this patch on my test box and it was running quite fine. The only thing that doesn't work is tracking quota while moving files.
I haven't noticed any performance fall or any other disadvantages using it. Hope it'll be rock-solid solution soon.
Actually that's the only working way to set directory quota I've found on the net.
Note: I gave this a quick run on 3.6 stable and it seems to work alright but note that you need to reformat a slice (ie. newfs) before enabling the option in fstab. I have not tried this on current so your milage may vary.
(Comments are closed)