Contributed by phessler on from the Live Free or Die dept.
Theo mentioned: "This is a very very small subset of things that are not supported, and we have to take on industry after industry. We took on ethernet, and won. We took on scsi, and won. We took on raid, and won."
What you can do: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-misc&m=109519653610773&w=2
Reasons why unfree drivers aren't allowed in the tree: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-misc&m=109519932105627&w=2
* Most devices are supported, because almost all vendors are good about documentation
* Go complain to the closed vendors
* Find an alternate product, and tell the closed vendor about it
* Shut up and try to write it yourself
* Pay someone to reverse engineer
If you have pertinent contact information for these vendors, please feel free to post it in a reply.
(Comments are closed)