Contributed by jose on from the fixin-problems dept.
I finally went to verisign and used their whois, which didn't work the first time but the second time I got a name server and did some nslookup work to come up with the 184.108.40.206 IP address.
I'm glad to see the site is up, but wanted to notify someone that the outside world may not be seeing it." Hey folks, sorry to say it but yep, we had a small problem with our DNS after the migration. Should be fixed, so propogation should smooth out by mid-week. For those curious, this affects stuff like Slaskback (from /.) and people hitting the RSS feed with the IP. You can fix this locally by using an entry in /etc/hosts pointing to the .50 address. Sorry about this, and thanks to Jim for tracking down the errant entry and fixing it.
(Comments are closed)