Contributed by Dengue on from the privacy-patch dept.
"Stephanie, an OpenBSD 'hardening' package is now available in a new and improved (!) version for OpenBSD 3.1. The features include:
The new version is modular, which means you can choose what components to install. The license is the original two-clause BSD license. Make sure you read documentation and follow the correct installation instructions. Please don't mess with stuff you don't understand. :)
- MD5 ``binary integrity verification''
- In-kernel ACL mechanism
- Restricted symbolic links
- Minor privacy modifications
- Real-time logging of execve() calls
- ld.so protection (env. stripping)
Stephanie is avaliable from http://innu.org/~brian/Stephanie And also from mirrors in the UK, US, Italy, and Australia
-- Information is at the main site."
(Comments are closed)