Contributed by Dengue on from the download-the-latest-snapshot dept.
"The latest sparc64 snapshot going out to the mirrors now contains new support for running X on sparc64 consoles. Some stuff doesn't quite work yet, but that's the nature of a huge brand new feature...
- pci: vga (ATI) framebuffers (must be prom console)
- sbus: cgsix, cgthree
- usb: sun type 6
- sbus: sun type 3/4/5/6 on zs
- pci: sun type 3/4/5/6 on com
Mice:What doesn't work:
- usb: any usb mouse will do
- sbus: sun on zs
- pci: sun on com
I'm interested in having folks help find and fix problems in X, which is why the snapshot is going out now... So, if you've been wanting X on your OpenBSD/sparc64 machine, grab the snapshot and start sending patches..."
- - accelerated X servers
- - xdm (coredumps) [xinit or startx can be used to start the server]
- - ico (hangs X server)
- - probably more stuff like this...
(Comments are closed)