Contributed by tbert on from the attn-puffymaster dept.
Gilles Chehade (gilles@) writes in to let us know about the latest official release of OpenSMTPD:
OpenSMTPD 5.4.2 has just been released.
OpenSMTPD is a FREE implementation of the SMTP protocol with some common extensions. It allows ordinary machines to exchange e-mails with systems speaking the SMTP protocol. It implements a fairly large part of RFC5321 and can already cover a large range of use-cases.
It runs on OpenBSD, NetBSD, FreeBSD, DragonFlyBSD, OSX and Linux.
The archives are now available from the main site at www.OpenSMTPD.org
The rest of the release announcement below the fold.
We would like to thank the OpenSMTPD community for their help in testing the snapshots, reporting bugs, contributing code and packaging for other systems.
This is a minor release with a few new features, minor bugfixes and lots of internal cleanup and changes in prevision of next major release.
New features since last stable release (5.4.1):
- Introduce initial support for DSN extension:
- NOTIFY=SUCCESS, NOTIFY=FAILURE, NOTIFY=DELAY, NOTIFY=NEVER
- RET=HDRS, RET=FULL
- Introduce initial support for ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES extension:
- smtp process returns Enhanced Status Codes for most commands
- other processes now have an API to return more precise codes ...
- ... which will be improved further with each version
- Improved smtpctl:
- sendmail mode now supports DSN parameters
- can now pause/resume a source address -> destination domain route
- can now display status of processes with smtpctl show status
- Introduced SNI support
- Many documentation fixes and improvements
- And a lot of minor bug-fixes and internal cleanup !
- REDIS table backend
- SQLite table backend
- LDAP table backend
- Postgres table backend
- SOCKETMAP table backend
- No filters support yet (we're almost there... for real)
- No masquerading or address rewrite yet (see above)
The following people have contributed features to this release:
Michael Neumann, Ryan Kavanagh, Sunil Nimmagadda
Checksums:SHA256 (opensmtpd-5.4.2.tar.gz) = c0f5fde620f178a350ce9c0f40ec443a0e6a5170ef11209d492d737ba9e31bbc SHA256 (opensmtpd-5.4.2p1.tar.gz) = 4ffaf48d3d044ef8be1bd80c8972c87ba830a21bb330b85a59f6a70da5fbd9a2
You are encouraged to register to our general purpose mailing-list: http://www.opensmtpd.org/list.html
The "Official" IRC channel for the project is at: #OpenSMTPD @ irc.freenode.net
Please read http://www.opensmtpd.org/report.html Security bugs should be reported directly to firstname.lastname@example.org Other bugs may be reported to email@example.com
OpenSMTPD is brought to you by Gilles Chehade, Eric Faurot and Charles Longeau.
(Comments are closed)