Contributed by jj on from the can-I-have-cheese-with-my-spam dept.
At AsiaBSDCon, Eric Faurot (eric@) has announced the release of OpenSMTPD 5.3 which is the first stable and production-ready release of OpenSMTPD.
It will also be shipping with OpenBSD 5.3.
We would like to thank the OpenBSD/OpenSMTPD community for their help in testing the snapshots, reporting bugs, contributing code and packaging for other systems.
- HUMAN READABLE CONFIGURATION
- IPv4 and IPv6 support
- STARTTLS and SMTPS support for both incoming and outgoing sessions
- AUTH support: bsd_auth(3) and crypt(3)
- SIZE support: limit the size of client-submitted messages
- Listener-specific banner hostname
- Listener-specific sessions tagging
- Support for global and per-domain expiry for messages
- Support for customizable delays for bounces
- Support for primary and virtual domains
- Support for alternate user database: db(3), file or smtpd.conf
- Support for aliases and ~/.forward mappings
- Delivery to mbox, maildir or third-party MDA
- Support for LMTP relaying
- Support for smarthost
- Support for sending certificate when connecting to remote host
- Support for backup MX
- Support for relay source address override
- Support for relay HELO override
- Support for SMTP-level sender override
- Support for connections reuse and optimization
- Support for queue backends: filesystem and ram
- Support for lookup backends: db(3), static
- Run-time statistics through "smtpctl show stats"
- Run-time tracing through "smtpctl trace
- Run-time monitoring through "smtpctl monitor"
- SQLite lookup backend
- LDAP lookup backend
- Support for PAM authentication
- Known to build and work on FreeBSD, NetBSD, DragonFlyBSD and Linux
- No filters support yet (work in progress)
- No masquerading or address rewrite yet
SHA256 (opensmtpd-5.3.tar.gz) = 05efe80755e7fa01e79e6bba1a4e89244849406acb1152995d2c1da5e9e3a596 SHA256 (opensmtpd-5.3p1.tar.gz) = 618092f1f0b5aba5f8d4c933536a76d3a5a8e45c28b599a6420321cd4478f3d9
You are encouraged to register to our general purpose mailing-list: http://www.opensmtpd.org/list.html
The "Official" IRC channel for the project is at: #OpenSMTPD @ irc.freenode.net
Please read http://www.opensmtpd.org/report.html Security bugs should be reported directly to email@example.com Other bugs may be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org
OpenSMTPD is brought to you by Gilles Chehade (gilles@), Eric Faurot (eric@) and Charles Longeau (chl@).
(Comments are closed)